26 September 1789, formed from Chester County.
County Government Records:
Archives of Delaware County
340 North Middletown Road, Building 19
Phone: (610) 891-5620
Delaware County Government Center Complex
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063
Phone: (610) 891-4000
- Birth and Death Records*: contact the Delaware County Archives for 1893-1905
- Marriage Records: Contact the Delaware County Archives for 1885-1950. Contact the Delaware County Government Center Complex for 1951 – present.
- Divorce Records: contact the Prothonotary for 1885-present
- Probate Records**: contact the Delaware County Archives for 1790-1950. Contact the Delaware County Government Center Complex for 1951 – present.
- Land Records: contact the Recorder of Deeds for 1789-present
- An online searchable index of the various county archival records is hosted on the Archives of Delaware County website ww.delcopa.gov/departments/archives
*The State of Pennsylvania began issuing Birth and Death Certificates in 1906. Indices can be found at: www.phmc.pa.gov/Archives/Research-Online
**Images of original Will and Orphan’s Court Books for each county in Pennsylvania can be found online at Family Search in Pennsylvania Probate Records, www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1999196
Historical and Genealogical Repositories:
Delaware County Historical Society
408 Avenue of the States
Chester, PA 19013
- Extensive local history collection, maps
- Church and cemetery records
- Research by mail could be available, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright ©2020, Denys Allen and PA Ancestors. All Rights Reserved.
Feel free to link to original article. For commercial use, please contact me.